Remark Classic OMR® 3 is here! There have been numerous changes made to the Remark Classic OMR 3 version. Many of these changes are directly related to customer requests. Here are some of the more noticeable enhancements:
The software contains three components: the data center, the template editor, and an analysis module called Remark Quick Stats®. The user interface has been updated and has more of a Windows XP look and feel. More modern conventions and descriptions are used throughout the user interface.
Scanning and reading forms is as simple as the previous versions but you will find the following enhancements:
- A new Scan & Grade function has been added where a test can be graded as it is being scanned. If your OMR scanner has a supported transport printer, you will first scan an answer key and then subsequent forms will be graded as they are scanned. The test grade will be printed at the bottom of each form.
- Remark Classic OMR now supports the SelfScore mode on equipped Pearson Assessments (formerly NCS) OMR scanners
- New grid makes it easy to locate any exceptions in your data
- Ability to export only certain items in your data grid (much more flexible)
- New Questionmark Export Format
- Enhanced ODBC support for working with Oracle, SQL and other databases
Remark Quick Stats has been completely overhauled. You will still see your favorite reports, but with a new look and feel, plus some new reports. A new comparative report allows you to look at cross-sections of your data on a single report.
- Grading: The Grade Wizard now supports the following features:
- Benchmark scores to compare student progress to established benchmarks for the entire test, for learning objectives, or individual questions
- Easier-to-use learning objective measurement screen, including benchmarks for each objective and a separate grade scale for all of the learning objectives
- The ability to change question properties on the fly for one or more questions (e.g., points awarded, respondent identifiers, question text, etc.)
- Can select multiple questions and change properties (i.e. turn off grading, change point values, etc.)
- Enhanced multiple answer key support:
- Traditional ability to map answers back to their original questions
- New ability to scan multiple keys (cannot display item analysis reports with new version)
- Allows for two grade scales, one for the overall test and one for learning objectives
- Surveys: A new Survey Wizard supports the following features:
- Benchmark scores to compare students' responses to established benchmarks
- The ability to group questions together to gain an overall survey analysis, as well as a concentrated analysis on specific, related questions. You can also weight individual questions within the group for emphasis on those questions that are most important to you.
- Test Reports:
- Student Statistics Report – How each student fared on test and learning objectives. Includes reporting on benchmark if specified.
- Comparative Grade Report – Displays how different demographic groups performed on the test. Can compare up to 3 demographics on one report. Great for NCLB reporting!
- Class Frequency Distribution
- Test Statistics Report
- Detailed Item Analysis
- Item Analysis Graph
- Condensed Item Analysis – Can fit more on one page
- Test Item Statistics
- Crosstab Report
- Student Grade Report
- Response Report by Item
- Response Report by Respondent
- Survey Reports:
- Detailed Item Analysis – Similar to Remark Classic OMR 2 but with an updated look
- Condensed Item Analysis – Condensed version of Detailed Item Analysis report. Provides ability to fit more questions on one page
- Item Analysis Graph – Just shows graphs for each question
- Analysis Group Report – Breaks down the survey by Analysis Groups. Reports on each group of items, including a group mean
- Item Statistics Report
- Crosstab Report – Now allows percentages or raw counts to be displayed
- Comparative Item Report – Compares how different demographic groups answered the questions on the survey
- Respondent Report by Item – How every respondent answered a question, grouped by question
- Respondent Report by Respondent – How every respondent answered a question, grouped by respondent
For those of you who have a favorite report in your current version of Remark Quick Stats (now called Legacy Analysis), you can still use this version. Legacy Analysis can be turned on in the software preferences, via the Tools menu.
Using Windows NT, 98 or ME?
Please note that Remark Classic OMR 3 no longer supports these older operating systems.