|Knowledgebase Home | Glossary | Favorites | Contact|
|How can I create report headers for specific tests or surveys?|
You can define report headers within the Grade Wizard or Survey Wizard to tie them to a specific test or survey. This feature allows you to create and reuse specific report headers that will always be used with a particular test or survey. You save the headers as part of your saved definition files (Answer key file [.aky] or Survey definition file [.sdf]) which means you will not have to recreate the custom report header any time you analyze your data using these saved files.
Remember that you may always create report headers independently of the Grade Wizard and Survey Wizard. However, when report headers are created as part of a definition file, they are attached to the specific Grade Wizard or Survey Wizard file that you save. This means that they are applied every time you use that particular Grade Wizard answer key [.aky] or Survey Wizard analysis definition file [.sdf]. Report headers defined using the Grade or Survey Wizards override individually defined report headers.
You create Report headers using the Grade Wizard and Survey Wizard as follows:
1. Once you have collected data, go to Tools|Analysis and select either the Grade Wizard or the Survey Wizard. (In Remark Web Survey, choose the Tools tab and then the appropriate wizard.) Open an existing saved definition file using the Browse button if you want to modify it or click Next to continue with a new definition.
2. Complete or modify the various steps as they appear depending on the Wizard you selected, and progress until you arrive at the Custom Report Header screen.
3. To begin to define custom report headers, place a check in the box for Custom Report Header. This makes the default header visible in the box. Click Edit on the Tool bar to expand the Report Header Layout window.
4. When the Report Header Layout window appears, you will see a representation of the report. There are nine fields that can be customized. The active field is highlighted in yellow. Click in a field to select and customize it. You can use the Page Width setting on the report to zoom in and out for better viewing.
To customize fields:
1. Click any one of the nine fields to customize.
2. In the Report Header Field Properties area, notice the Label and Value boxes. For each field you customize, you may access the Value drop-down list and select a value to insert. The default choices are Image, Date, Date/Time and Page Number.
3. The Label box is for free text, so for example you might want to enter Page as a Label and select the Value of [Page Number] from the default choices. If selecting the output data from a region as a Value, you might want to enter a Label of Survey Participant and then select the survey [Participant ID Number] from your choice of regions in the Value drop-down list.
4. In the Alignment section, choose an alignment for your item: Left, Center or Right. The inserted item will be aligned accordingly within the space allotted on the report.
5. Repeat the steps above to insert any additional custom header information.
6. Once your header is complete, click the OK button to return to the Custom Report Header window.
When you complete the Wizard you may run reports and view your custom header.
|No visitor comments posted. Post a comment|
|No attachments were found.|
Powered by ActiveKB Knowledgebase Software