New Features in Remark Office OMR 8
Remark Office OMR 8 has many new features. The following list provides an overview of what is new in this version. Click the to the left of any section to see the new features.
- Email. An email option is available in the Remark Office OMR Data Center and Remark Quick Stats to email data and reports as attachments. You can use Remark’s built-in email client in conjunction with your SMTP server or Microsoft Outlook®.
- Send Wizard. A Send wizard was added to move files via FTP or email with minimal interaction. You send data and reports from a folder on your computer or network to an FTP site or via email using your own SMTP server. You can set up profiles to be reused as needed.
- Delete Images after Renaming. When using the Package and Rename feature in the Read Wizard, you may now remove the original images that were processed if desired. This will leave you with just the repackaged version of the images.
- Review Exceptions for More than One Exception. If a single data cell has more than one exception (e.g., a database lookup error and a MULT), Remark Office OMR will indicate multiple exceptions were found and you can review all of the exceptions.
- Logging of Changes. Changes to data sets can be logged in a password protected Access database for the ultimate in data security.
- Recognition Improvements. Many improvements have been made to how your forms are recognized to help with the processing of real life situations. You can now ignore large marks, such as the X character, when someone uses it to cross out a wrong response. Remark Office OMR will also automatically compensate for brightness changes on forms (due to scanner settings or photocopying) and blank pages that are accidentally scanned. We’ve also add a new Recognition Tools feature that allows you to see the regions from the original template against the filled in form so that you can move regions appropriately when a batch of forms is badly offset or skewed.
- Data Export:
- SPSS File Format Enhancements:
- The SPSS format has been completely overhauled. Changes include:
- The eight character region name limit has been removed.
- Questions that allow multiple responses can be set up as Multiple OMR regions, not Boolean.
- Numeric fields that contain missing data will now use the designated missing value (e.g., -1, 99, etc.) instead of 0.
- The Advanced window is now available when saving data to the SPSS format so that you can customize your data file.
- Saving Images with Data. You may now save images into databases as binary data along with the rest of the scanned data.
- Save Data Builder. You can now customize the data saving process by including a field from your data set in the file name. This feature allows you to create meaningful data sets based on your actual data (e.g., student tests named by student or conference evaluations named by session).
- Microsoft Office 2010 Support. The Access® and Excel® 2010 file formats are now supported anywhere database formats are supported.
- Freezing Columns/Rows. You can now freeze columns and rows in the Data Center so that when scrolling, they are always visible.
- TWAIN Scan Ahead. Support for TWAIN compatible scanners that use the Scan Ahead feature has been added. This feature allows your scanner to scan faster because it doesn’t wait for the computer to process the data.
- Auto Check for Updates. A method for checking for software updates was added to the Help menu and program preferences.
|Full Feature List|
|Request a quote for Remark Office OMR|
|Sign up for a LIVE DEMO of Remark Software|
|Email our sales department if you require additional assistance|
|Contact our sales department at 1.800.858.0860 or +1.610.647.7850|