Data integration and data synchronization includes any business function that either needs to share data between applications or needs to synchronize a target database to a source. Integrating application data at the database level allows these applications to essentially interact directly with each other. No middleware is needed, the application does not need to be modified in any way, and security and sensitive data proliferation can be managed appropriately.
The Shadowbase replication engine provides a platform for replicating homogenous or heterogeneous data formats. That is, the databases and environments can be the same (e.g., feeding a read-only replicate reporting database), or completely different (e.g., non-relational Enscribe files on a HP NonStop feeding an Oracle database on Unix).
Key data integration and data synchronization and integration characteristics of Shadowbase data replication solutions include:
- Configures extremely low replication latency (the ability to move source database changes to the target and apply them very quickly, in real-time).
- Support “batch” and snapshot, or “periodic refresh,” replication (e.g., the ability to batch changes and send periodically, perhaps when network traffic is low).
- Scales with volume to meet fluctuating database loads.
- Maximized flexibility for replication source and target feeds.
- Recovers automatically in the event of system, network, and database faults.
- Supports replication diversity, including built in functions for transformation, mapping, data cleansing, and data filtering.
For more information please read our white paper: Shadowbase Streams for Data Integration and Application Integration.