Shadowbase ZDM™ provides continuous application availability, eliminates planned downtime, and removes business risk from application upgrades.
- Provide continuous application services to all end users for complex migrations, upgrades, and conversions to avoid application downtime:
- Migrate to new hardware (homogeneous or heterogeneous)
- Upgrade the operating system or database software
- Convert from an older to a newer application version
- Avoid the risk of classic Big Bang conversions and outage windows:
- Fully verify the new environment before deploying
- Cut-over users either gradually or at all at once to a known working environment
The customer needs to eliminate planned downtime, provide continuous application availability and remove business risk from their application upgrades. The enterprise may need to migrate to new hardware, upgrade their operating system or database software or convert to a newer application version.
Shadowbase ZDM Eliminates Planned Downtime
Shadowbase ZDM completely eliminates planned application downtime and improves overall application availability. A large amount of system downtime is due to planned outages required for upgrades, maintenance conversions or migrations. The requirement could be for an operating system upgrade, a new application release, database maintenance or installing new hardware. With Shadowbase ZDM, these interruptions are handled without denial of application services to end users, therefore scheduled downtime is eliminated. All that is needed is a location (on the same node or another node, depending on the type of conversion) for the new environment.
Shadowbase ZDM Eliminates Business Risk
As part of the ZDM process, the new environment is synchronized with the production environment and all functions are verified before the cutover occurs. Shadowbase ZDM thus eliminates the risk of the classic Big Bang conversions and outage windows by allowing the users to cut over, either gradually or all at once, to a known working environment.
- Capacity Expansion – expand with symmetric or asymmetric nodes
- Load Balancing – redistribute users and partitions across the network
- Disaster Tolerance and Data Locality – disperse nodes geographically
- Migrations – in increments, or initially to an active/active environment
- Operations – risk-free failover/recovery testing, or run and maintain unattended sites
To read our white paper on Shadowbase and ZDM: Using Shadowbase® to Eliminate Planned Downtime via Zero Downtime Migrations.
For a download of this white paper in booklet form, please click here.
To view our webcast on Shadowbase and ZDM: AOL's Live Migration from 16 Sybase Servers to a Single NonStop Database - With No Application Downtime
To read our case study on Shadowbase and ZDM: Shadowbase Helps a Major ISP Migrate from Sybase to NonStop with No Downtime.
To read two Achieving Century Uptimes articles on ZDM, please click here.
To read our data sheet on ZDM, please click here. To read our HP collateral datasheet on ZDM, please click here.